Wednesday, November 5, 2008

some thoughts...

I am sure that this is going to be the most blogged about thing in history today but here it goes anyway. I am excited about the new election of president Obama, I feel like we progressed as a nation, and it has nothing to do with wether I was a long time supporter or not it just feels like as a nation we can be proud of our decision, and that is good right?

The other thing is how sad is the California Prop. 8 fiasco? I don't like that it became a civil war of sorts, it bothers me that in a discussion about peoples love for each other so much hatred emerged. There were anti-religion adds that were disgusting, there were religions stepping in to the the political arena. The second part is something that I am not really sure how I feel about, I don't know if that is something that should have been done or if it has no business in the political ring. Anyway it is sad that so much hatred flows from the same sex marriage debate.

No comments: