Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Political push...

There is something that I have been wondering for quite a while now. It is actually something that irritates me a little bit. I wish that I could ask some 250 year old person if they remember a time in American history where both sides were so passionate about there candidate. If you ask pretty much anybody what they think about the upcoming presidential election you will likely get a very biased diatribe on both the strengths of their guy and how horrible the other dude is. That goes for Obomites that will go off on how McCain is the same as having 4 or 8 more years of Bush. Really that is what you are going with? Could McCain be any more of a different Republican than Bush? And please quit with all the garbage about McCain/Palin lies and changes of stance or any mention of hypocrisy, they are politicians thats what they do! Just please give me an example of one, 1, only one! Long time politician that didn't change views at some point and lets not leave out your man, Barack has done the same and Biden lets not go there. Those out there that love johnny boy are really no different either. They point out tons of issues with Obama and Biden they rip the lack of experience, meanwhile they want us to elect a 71 year old man that is one too salty baked potato away from not needing to be assassinated because he may die of a stroke, then we have a young woman at the helm that has being the Mayor of a 6,000 person town and being the governor of the least populated state in the union, I fail to see how running Alaska is comparable to running the most intricate nation on earth. 

     The thing is this: they both have plusses and minuses. You don't need me to say them it's not my place, and I hate having political views pushed on me so there is no way I am about to do it to somebody else. And that is what irritates me most about this election is that you can't go anywhere without hearing opinions about it, UVU is arguably the worst for it. I swear that students there just dis-like McCain because it is who BYU or their parents would vote for. So they love Obama which is fine, IF they know anything about his platform, stop acting like you are behind sombody if all you read is the cover of TIME magazine, do your homework then you can talk, that is all I have an issue with.

Hasta

No comments: